Wednesday, January 06, 2010
"Unable to start debugging on the web server. You do not have permission to debug the application. The URL for this project is in the Internet zone."
Unable to start debugging on the web server VS.NET 2003
You may receive the error "Error while trying to run project: Unable to start debugging on the web server.
You do not have permission to debug the application. The URL for this project is in the Internet zone.
Click Help for more information."
This is one of the various errors that appear when you are debugging and may haunt you until you
do the following fix:-
1. In the Internet Explorer, "Tools" Menu, select "Internet Options".
2. Switch to "Security" Tab.
3. Click on "Internet" (The Globe Icon. Its actually the default selected).
4. Click on "Custom Level" in the bottom.
5. Scroll down to find the "User Authentication" section.
6. Select "Automatic logon with current username and password".
7. Click "Ok" twice to exit.
This should solve the issue.
Please note that this resolution is specific only if you get the exact error message as
mentioned in the beginning of this article.
There are various reasons you get the "Unable to start debugging on the webserver".
For a complete list of solutions, please check
Cheers and Happy Programming !!!