Made of two circles, the really do rock when you gently tap their tail!
- Light weight colored card in at least two different shades. (We used rainbow shades, but patterned card, all pastels, all bolds, even shades of grey will all work well for this project.)
- Colored paper.
- Two round things to trace (we used a toy bucket; the top gave us a big circle and the bottom was the smaller circle).
- Pencil, scissors, and glue.
To make the craft:
- Trace a large and a small circle onto two different colours of card.
- Cut them out (the cut needs to be as neat as possible if you want your birds to rock).
- Fold both circles neatly in half.
- Glue the smaller circle over the bigger circle.
- Cut a triangle and a rectangle out of the colored paper, and fold both in half.
- Gently unfold the circle and lay it flat on the table.
- Glue the folded triangle on the front of the bird as a beak, and the rectangle on the back as a tail, making sure that the folds all line up.
- Use a marker to add any details you want, such as eyes.
Post a Comment